April 2015 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by President Horrace at 7:04 P.M. at the IHOP Restaurant in Nampa. There were 18 club members and guests present.
- March meeting minutes approved
- Treasury Report presented and approved
- Bought a new scales for $455
INTRODUCTIONS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- New members: Steve Spears and Chris Felty have joined our club for 2015.
COMMITTEE REPORTS: President Horrace asked for committee reports:
- Club members need to remember to support the businesses that have donated to our club: Ted Marshall of Burns Ford and Bargain Boat Parts. For 2015 Burns Ford is donating club plaques again and Bargain Boat Parts is paying for tournament permits. Elken Lures offers a 10% discount on orders for current SRB members.
CONSERVATION / WILDLIFE COUNCIL:
- SRB needs a conservation director if anyone wants to volunteer.
- The bass fizzing kits are available to those that need one.
IDAHO BASS FEDERATION: Bill Kriner reported
- The 2015 Divisional will be in Montana on Noxon Reservoir May 18 - 22.
- Possibly looking for a new location for the 2016 TIBF banquet due to rising costs to rent the current building.
- Two Youth Qualifier tournaments on Cascade; one for 2015 Nationals and one for 2016.
YOUTH: Youth Director Jason Bousquet was not present:
- Youth Open is July 19 on C.J. Strike. BBB and Payette club are in to help with the tournament again this year. IBM may be interested in helping also.
- Buffalo Wild Wings is out as a food sponsor, but they are donating raffle prizes. We may end up doing a potluck BBQ. BBB may have some Youth money to use towards food. Possibilities are Tom doing BBQ pulled pork or grilling hot dogs and hamburgers.
- Howard's Tackle will make some donations.
- If anyone has extra tackle, donate it to the Youth Open for the kid's tackle packs.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Jay Bagley reported
- Payouts for the Brownlee tournament were done; plaques are ordered and should be here at the May meeting.
- Doing sign-ups for the May 9 Owyhee tournament at the May SRB meeting.
- All boaters need to have their insurance papers in to Jay in by the next tournament.
CLASSIC / HAN: Steve Day reported
- SRB Classic will be on Owyhee Reservoir June 6, Oregon Free Fishing Day.
- Jack & Jill tournament is Sunday June 7.
- All permits have been received.
- We will need lots of help to run these tournaments this year.
SNAKE RIVER LADY BASS:
- 2015 Lady Bass Open tournament will be July 18 on C.J. Strike.
- We received the thank-you letters from the Love Inc families that we helped at Christmas; Tom read them aloud at the meeting.
- Cheryl Petty from J/H Sales and Western Marine died of cancer March 10. There was no service, but there will be a memorial BBQ later this summer. The club will donate the $50 flower money towards the BBQ.
- Jay Bagley has a donated rod blank that he wants to use to build a rod to encourage club members to help at the Youth Open tournament and in other club events: Sports Show casting event, Classic, Jack & Jill, Youth Open, Lady Bass Open, etc.
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters