April 2017 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by president Tom Horrace at 7:05 P.M. at the IHOP restaurant in Nampa. There were 33 club and family members, new members and guests present.
- March minutes were approved.
- Treasury report presented and discussed.
THE IDAHO BASS FEDERATION: Bill Kriner reported:
- TIBF High School Championship is May 7 on C.J. Strike; TIBF Youth Championship is August 6 on Lake Lowell.
- TIBF bought 5 radio tags for IDFG tracking project. One group of tags has been planted below Swan Falls and another by Homedale. More plants depend on water levels.
- IDFG is looking for volunteers to catch bass for the smallmouth tagging project. Date will be end of March / first part of April. Let Steve, Tom or Bill know if you want to help out.
- Future conservation projects were discussed; structure plants and/or fish transfers.
- TIBF banquet report was presented, despite lower turnout we made a fair amount of money.
- Budgets for travel funds and conservation were discussed and set.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Tournament director Jay Bagley reported:
- C.J. Strike payouts were made; plaques are still being worked on...
- Next tournament is Brownlee 2-day tournament. We will have two daily Big Fish options; added money goes to overall Big Fish. Main ramp is barely in the water, but can be currently used. Boat draw will be Friday evening around 8:00 p.m. First Out Raffle will be Saturday morning. Blast-off should be around 7:15 a.m. 4:00 p.m. weigh-in on Saturday and 3:00 p.m. weigh-in on Sunday.
YOUTH: Youth Director Mike Enrico reported:
- Donations are coming in.
- We need some extra boats for kids that want to fish the open, but have no boats.
LADY BASS: No report:
CLASSIC - Jack & Jill: Tom Horrace and Steve Day reported:
- Permits and letters submitted. ODFW now charging $108 for tournament permits on tournaments over 25 boats.
CONSERVATION: Terry Brown reported
- Terry gave a status report on IDFG tagging project. IDFG is looking for volunteers to catch and help tag bass for the smallmouth tracking project in March / April.
- Motion made and passed for the club to spend up to $400 to buy a laptop computer, portable printer and digical camera for club tournaments.
There being no more new business, the meeting adjourned at 7:36 p.m. The next meeting will be on Monday May 1 at the IHOP Restaurant in Nampa.
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters