August 2014 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by President Horrace at 7:05 P.M. at the Nampa IHOP Restaurant. There were 22 club members, 4 new members and 4 guests present.
GUESTS: Dale Carver and his wife; New Members: Dave, Shaun Hyde, Scott Ryle, Curtis Wilson
- July meeting minutes approved
- July Treasury Report approved
INTRODUCTIONS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
COMMITTEE REPORTS: President Horrace asked for committee reports:
- Club members need to remember to support the businesses that have donated to our club: Ted Marshall of Burns Ford and Bargain Boat Parts.
- Don't forget that Elken Lures offers a 10% discount on orders from current SRB members.
CONSERVATION / WILDLIFE COUNCIL:
- SRB needs a conservation director if anyone wants to volunteer.
- The bass fizzing kits are available to those that need one; Tom will have them at the Brownlee/Oxbow tournament.
IDAHO BASS FEDERATION:Bill Kriner reported
- Youth Championship on Cascade is cancelled.
- A couple of the new motor bands had torn or broke at the seam. A discussion was held about fixes, spandex material being added to a section of the band was mentioned.
- The 2015 Divisional will be in Montana, probably Noxon or Yellowtail.
- South Divisional is looking at moving the last two Qualifiers from Walcott/Milner to C.J. Strike. One day on Bruneau arm and one day on Snake arm.
- 2015 TIBF banquet planning started, looking at holding at the same location as 2014.
YOUTH:Youth Director Jason Bousquet reported:
- Youth tournament went well. We had 40 kids sign up and lots of nice fish were caught. Between SRB, Payette and BBB clubs we had lots of help. Almost every kid got something at the award ceremony; plaques, ribbons, VISA gift cards, rods, or tackle. The Needy Family raffle didn't have a lot of items, but we sold a lot of tickets.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR:Jay Bagley reported
- Reminder to club members: get to the ramp early so that we can ready the pre-tournament meeting done and be on the water ready to go by safe light. This is especially true if you are going to pay at the ramp.
- Remember to bring non-iodized salt, Rejuvinade and ice for your livewells.
- C.J. Strike results and payout were done
- sign-up and draw for Brownlee/Oxbow was done. Look top have 19 boats at Brownlee/Oxbow.
- Brownlee/Oxbow info: Brownlee 4:00 p.m. weigh-in, Oxbow 3:00 p.m. weigh-in; reverse blast-off order on Oxbow; first 4 boats each day are release boats with 5th boat to be a release boat if necessary.
- We decided to have a potluck BBQ and raffle Saturday evening at Woodhead; everyone please bring a potluck item and raffle item.
- Tom reminded everyone that when we discuss something like an early weigh-in at a meeting, the time to talk is in the discussion at the meeting, not at the ramp.
CLASSIC / HAN:Steve Day reported
- Bad check from the Classic and Jack & Jill tournaments was repaid; looks like we made around $1325. $250 was alread in the club account and Steve wrote a check for $1000 more. The extra $88 will buy hamburgers and hotdogs for Brownlee/Oxbow and go towards next year's tournament.
SNAKE RIVER LADY BASS:
- Lady Bass tournament went well; 18 ladies came to fish. The SRB ladies did well, taking the first 4 places and Big Fish.
- Bring a can of food or $1 for the Needy Family program to each meeting.
OLD BUSINESS: n/a
- C.A.S.T. event is coming up August 16 on Black Canyon Reservoir. Online sign-up for C.A.S.T. Event
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters