August 2016 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by president Tom Horrace at 7:12 P.M. at the IHOP Restaurant in Nampa. There were 18 club and family members and guests present. New member: Jason Geyer.
- July minutes were approved.
- Treasury report presented and approved.
- President Horrace asked for committee reports:
IDAHO STATE B.A.S.S FEDERATION: Bill Kriner was not present, Steve Day reported:
- Brian Ashton is talking to Ben Warren about taking over the Youth Director position in 2017.
- TIBF Youth Championship on Lowell was postponed due to bad weather. It is re-scheduled for August 14. They will need four volunteer boaters and observers.
- IDFG doesn't think that a baitfish transplant to help the bass in Lowell would work; carp just eat the fry after nesting.
- TIBF is looking at making bass conservation signs to put up at C.J. Strike and other reservoirs.
- Power-Pole has rebates available to Federation anglers. Link to info is on Federation website.
- Next South/East Qualifier tournament is August 27 - 28 on Brownlee.
- Military Appreciation tournament went well; had 11 boats and 22 military personnel.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Tournament director Jay Bagley not present. Tom reported:
- At the upcoming August 6 tournament on C.J. Strike Reservoir be on the water by 5:45am; we are going out of Black Sands ramp. Idaho Bass Hunters are sharing our permit but going out of Cottonwood Ramp. We will draw Friday at the ramp, Tom is not collecting money, so people need to pay at the ramp.
YOUTH: Youth Director Mike Enrico reported:
- Both tournaments went well, Youth had 42 kids and Lady Bass had 13 ladies. The raffle went well, we collected almost $900 between the raffle and the entries that will go towards the Christmas Needy Family program.
- Mike and Jason thanked everyone that helped with the tournaments.
CLASSIC - Jack & Jill: Tom Horrace and Steve Day reported:
- As of 2/1/16, 2016 dues now include the $5.00 late fee.
- The 2016 tournament schedule is available on our website.
- New membership applications are available online.
- New member Barry has a custom crankbait business: Snake River Tackle; he donated several custom crankbaits to the meeting raffle.
- Discussed several things to spend some of the Classic money on: new weigh table, LED readout for the club scale, tournament weigh board for displaying weights.
There being no more new business, the meeting adjourned at 7:45 p.m. The next meeting will be on Monday 9/12/16 due to Labor Day at the IHOP Restaurant in Nampa.
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters