December 2014 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by President Horrace at 7:05 P.M. at the IHOP Restaurant in Nampa. There were 13 club members present.
- November meeting minutes approved
- Treasury Report presented and approved
- Tournament account at Bank of the Cascades was closed and the $995 in the account was added to the regular club account.
INTRODUCTIONS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Guest Joe and Joey Carrington looking at joining our club in 2015.
COMMITTEE REPORTS: President Horrace asked for committee reports:
- Club members need to remember to support the businesses that have donated to our club: Ted Marshall of Burns Ford and Bargain Boat Parts. For 2015 Burns Ford is donating club plaques again and Bargain Boat Parts is paying for tournament permits. Elken Lures offers a 10% discount on orders for current SRB members.
- IDFG and Owyhee County are trying to get grant money to upgrade Black Sands Ramp on C.J. Strike Reservoir. SRB has send them a letter of support for the project. Individuals that support the project can send in letters too; info is in the News Page on the Federation website
CONSERVATION / WILDLIFE COUNCIL:
- SRB needs a conservation director if anyone wants to volunteer.
- The bass fizzing kits are available to those that need one.
IDAHO BASS FEDERATION: Bill Kriner reported
- The 2015 Divisional will be in Montana on Noxon Reservoir May 18 - 22.
- 2015 State Team info is on the website.
- With TBF putting more emphasis on High School fishing, we are looking for ways to increase HS fishing participation here in Idaho.
- Discussions were held concerning possible dates/locations for 2015 Youth, High School and TIBF Qualifier tournaments. Final dates/locations were made at the date setting meeting.
- 2015 TIBF banquet will be held at the same location as 2014. Moon's is interested in catering the banquet again, we are also looking at other caterers. Looking at getting banquet tickets printed by the Dec TIBF meeting. Canyon Marine is working with Ranger to get a guest speaker for the banquet.
- The 2015 Tournament Date Setting meeting was held Thursday Nov. 13 at Cabela's in Boise.
- 2015 Sport Show will be March 5 - 8. SRB will do the kid's casting event Friday evening again, 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- ISCAC is trying to raise money by raffling of a Weatherby rifle in .257 Weatherby caliber; tickets are $10 each or 3 tickets for $20. Contact Steve Day to puchase tickets.
YOUTH: Youth Director Jason Bousquet reported:
- Youth Open is July 19 on C.J. Strike.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Jay Bagley was not present, Tom reported
- Permits applications were sent in for the following 2015 SRB tournaments:
April 4 Brownlee on Woodhead Ramp
May 9 Owyhee on Indian Creek Ramp
June 27 Dworshak on Big Eddy Ramp
July 25 C.J. Strike on Black Sands Ramp
August 15/16 Cascade on Sugarloaf Ramp
September 19 Brownlee on Woodhead Ramp
- Due to a fairly high cost to get our scale repaired and/or calibrated, the club is looking at buying a new scale. Several different scales in the $300 - $500 price range are being looked at. A motion was made and passed to spend up to $500 on a new scale. New member Joe Carrington said that he may be able to repair the tare button on the old scale; if so we will keep it as a back-up.
- We also voted to buy Jay a new binder for tournament papers.
CLASSIC / HAN: Steve Day reported
- SRB Classic will be on Owyhee Reservoir June 6, Oregon Free Fishing Day. Payette Club may host the Jack & Jill tournament June 7 on Owyhee on the same permit.
- Steve Day said that if he has to be secretary/treasurer again he prefers to not be Open Tournament Director also. Club will run the tournament by committee.
SNAKE RIVER LADY BASS:
- Kira already bought toys for the needy family.
- 2015 Lady Bass Open tournament will be July 18 on C.J. Strike.
- Tom thanked Jason and Kira for letting us use their home for the banquet
- IBM wants out of running the Snow Bowl; Tom is talking to the Magic Valley club about co-running the tournament. Plan is to drop the entry fee back to $300 and possibly donate part of the profits to charity.
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters