December 2015 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by President Horrace at 7:10 P.M. at the IHOP Restaurant in Nampa. There were 18 club members present.
- November meeting minutes approved
- Treasury Report presented and approved.
INTRODUCTIONS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
COMMITTEE REPORTS: President Horrace asked for committee reports:
- Club members need to remember to support the businesses that have donated to our club: Ted Marshall of Burns Ford and Bargain Boat Parts. For 2015 Burns Ford donated club plaques again and Bargain Boat Parts is paying for tournament permits. Elken Lures offers a 10% discount on orders for current SRB members.
CONSERVATION / WILDLIFE COUNCIL:
- Federation structure plant was done on C.J. Strike on October 10. About 76 structures were planted in three locations.
- SRB needs a conservation director if anyone wants to volunteer.
- The bass fizzing kits are available to those that need one.
IDAHO BASS FEDERATION: Bill Kriner reported
- TIBF has 352+ members.
- The 2016 TIBF banquet is going to stay with current location and caterer. We need to find a guest speaker; banquet will be Feb. 20.
- 2017 date setting meeting was held at Cabela's in Boise; we got most of the dates and locations that we wanted.
YOUTH: Youth Director Jason Bousquet reported:
- Another discussion on getting a SRB Youth Chapter started. We need more info from TBF on startup numbers and procedures. Members need to let us know the ages of any youth that want to fish SRB. The official age range is 11 - 14, so we may end up with kids younger or older than want to fish.
- We are looking at holding half-day youth tournaments on Sunday after club tournaments using the same permits. Another suggestions was to talk to other local clubs about running yout opens so that local kids can get more fishing experience.
- 2016 Youth Open will be July 23 on C.J. Strike.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Jay Bagley not present, Tom reported
- 2016 SRB tournament permit applications have been sent in.
CLASSIC: Steve Day reported
- 2016 SRB Classic will be June 11 on Owyhee Reservoir; it looks like we will be running the Jack & Jill Open on June 12 on Owyhee too.
SNAKE RIVER LADY BASS:
- We received the letter from Love Inc asking for us to sponsor one or more families. We have enough money to help two needy families again this year.
- Tom has SRB sweatshirts for $25 and T-shirts for $15; $5 from each sale goes to Lady Bass.
- All club members need to bring $1 or a can of food to each meeting for the Needy Family program.
- 2016 Lady Bass Open will be July 24 on C.J. Strike.
- Jay Bagley has a donated rod blank that he wants to use to build a rod to encourage club members to help at the Youth Open tournament and in other club events: Sports Show casting event, Classic, Jack & Jill, Youth Open, Lady Bass Open, etc.
- Everyone like the SRB Banquet location at the church in Nampa.
- Snow Bowl made a profit of $125 which was given to TIBF Youth.
- 2016 Officers: President: Tom; Vice-President: Bill; Secretary/Treasurer: Nancy Petross; Weighmaster: Jeremy; Tournament Director: Jay; Youth: Mike Enrico; Lady Bass: Kira; Open Tournament Director: Roger Stringer.
- 2016 dues need to be paid by January; new membership applications will be available soon. The TBF fishing rod deal is available again in 2016.
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters