December 2016 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by president Tom Horrace at 7:15 P.M. at the IHOP restaurant in Nampa. There were 10 club and family members present.
- November minutes were approved.
- Treasury report presented and discussed.
- President Horrace asked for committee reports:
THE IDAHO BASS FEDERATION: Bill Kriner reported:
- 2017 Date Setting Meeting was Nov. 10 at Canyon Marine in Nampa. Dates and locations for TIBF Youth and Qualifiers are set.
- New Conservation Director in 2017 is Ryan Cullen from Mountain Home club; we still need a new Youth Director.
- TIBF is looking at making bass conservation signs to put up at C.J. Strike and other reservoirs. We are looking at three different designs right now.
- Reel Kid kits are ordered for casting events at the Sport Show.
- Banquet will be Feb. 18, same location and caterer.
- Looking for sponsors for ads on TIBFweigh trailer.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Tournament director Jay Bagley not present, Tom reported:
- 2017 SRB tournament and open dates ar set; Jay dropped applications off at IDFG on Dec. 1.
- Need to figure out a better release boat system for club tournaments.
- Need to decide on a system for first out raffles before first club tournament. Suggestions are to sell tickets and draw at the meeting before tournament at the same time the blast-off draw is done. People unable to attend the meeting would have to contact Tom or Jay before the meeting to buy tickets.
YOUTH: Youth Director Mike Enrico not present, no report:
- Youth and Lady Bass open dates and locations are set.
- TIBF ordered in kid's casting kits from TBF for the sport show, so there will be kid's casting evnts this year. SRB will sign up for Friday March 3. We will need 6 - 7 volunteers to help run the event. Volunteers get free entry into the Sport Show.
LADY BASS: Kira Bousquet not present, Tom reported:
- Love Inc is short on families this yea, so we will help one family at Christmas this year. We have $1500 in Lady Bass money.
CLASSIC - Jack & Jill: Tom Horrace and Steve Day reported:
- Dates and locations for 2017 open tournaments are set.
- Looking ar possibly donating $400 to IDFG to help buy two transmitters they will use in a smallmouth bass tracking project. Will discuss further at next meeting.
- Motion made and passed to donate $100 to IHOP for their Children's Miracle Network fundraiser.
There being no more new business, the meeting adjourned at 8:10 p.m. The next meeting will be on Monday January 2 at the IHOP Restaurant in Nampa.
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters