February 2015 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by President Horrace at 7:05 P.M. at the IHOP Restaurant in Nampa. There were 21 club members and guests present.
- January meeting minutes approved
- No changes, Treasury Report presented and approved
- Getting close to buying a new scale
INTRODUCTIONS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Guests Dennis Miller, Rick Stewart and Bret & Hilary Beasley are looking at joining our club in 2015.
- Larry Raganit talked about club members helping at the Kid's First Cast event Feb. 7 at Karcher Mall.
COMMITTEE REPORTS: President Horrace asked for committee reports:
- Club members need to remember to support the businesses that have donated to our club: Ted Marshall of Burns Ford and Bargain Boat Parts. For 2015 Burns Ford is donating club plaques again and Bargain Boat Parts is paying for tournament permits. Elken Lures offers a 10% discount on orders for current SRB members.
CONSERVATION / WILDLIFE COUNCIL:
- SRB needs a conservation director if anyone wants to volunteer.
- The bass fizzing kits are available to those that need one.
IDAHO BASS FEDERATION: Bill Kriner reported
- The 2015 Divisional will be in Montana on Noxon Reservoir May 18 - 22.
- Discussions were held concerning possible dates/locations for military appreciation tournaments.
- 2015 TIBF banquet will be held at the same location as 2014. Looking at a caterer from Twin Falls area. Banquet tickets are available from Steve; price is $35. Jason Borofka is guest speaker for the banquet. Canyon Marine will have an open house on Feb. 21. We need a head count on how many people are going from SRB.
- 2015 Sport Show will be March 5 - 8. SRB will do the kid's casting event Friday evening again, 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. We need 5 or 6 club members to show up and help. This is March 6.
- ISCAC is trying to raise money by raffling of a Weatherby rifle in .257 Weatherby caliber; tickets are $10 each or 3 tickets for $20. Contact Steve Day to puchase tickets.
YOUTH: Youth Director Jason Bousquet was not present:
- Youth Open is July 19 on C.J. Strike.
- Additional youth ribbons have arrived.
- If anyone has extra tackle, donate it to the Youth Open for the kid's tackle packs.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Jay Bagley reported
- Checks are on the way for our permit sponsorship from Bargain Boat Parts and our plaque sponsorship from Burns Ford.
CLASSIC / HAN: Steve Day reported
- SRB Classic will be on Owyhee Reservoir June 6, Oregon Free Fishing Day.
- Payette club backed out of running the Jack & Jill tournament on June 7. A motion was made and passed for SRB to run it again this year. Steve will ask for 2-day permits to cover both the Classic and Jack & Jill tournaments. Club members will need to be there to help out to make the tournaments a success.
SNAKE RIVER LADY BASS:
- We received a thank-you letter from one of the needy families.
- 2015 Lady Bass Open tournament will be July 18 on C.J. Strike.
- We need to find some way to thank Ted Marshall and Bargain Boat Parts for their sponsorships. A motion was made and passed to order them thank-you plaques along with the club and open trophies.
- The Federation wants all clubs to bring a raffle item to the TIBF banquet. A motion was made and passed for $50 towards a gift basket of some sort. Tom and Krissy will handle it again this year.
- Canyon Marine is holding an open tournament on Lake Lowell July 11.
- Jay Bagley has a donated rod blank that he wants to use to encourage club members to help at the Youth Open tournament. Further discussion opened the possibility of using the custom rod to encourage club member participation in other club events: Sports Show casting event, Classic, Jack & Jill, Youth Open, Lady Bass Open, etc. We need to discuss this further and make a decision.
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters