February 2016 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by president Tom Horrace at 7:05 P.M. at the IHOP Restaurant in Nampa. There were 25 club and family members and guests present.
- January meeting minutes approved
- Treasury report presented and approved.
- President Horrace asked for committee reports:
- Jeremy Onthank is working with a company called V2T. It is for livewell ventilation. They cost $45.00 + $7.95 shipping, there is a 25% off promo code SRB good until 3/15/16.
CONSERVATION / WILDLIFE COUNCIL: TIBF President Davanh reported
- Earlier in the day he met with Canyon County Commissioners and Fish & Game about Lake Lowell carp epidemic. They are trying to get a grant to pay for eliminating the carp completely.
- The discussion was to draw water down, timeline of 2-3 years out and possibly moving bass to CJ and/or Black Canyon with the help of bass fisherman.
- Davanh may move the Owyhee Qualifier due to the Regional Qualifier.
THE IDAHO BASS FEDERATION: Bill Kriner reported
- The Banquet Saturday 2/20/16 at Meridian Senior Center behind the Village at 5pm as in previous years.
- Country Inn & Suites is the host Hotel. They have a block of rooms reserved for members.
- Looking to fill 2016 board member positions
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Tournament director Jay Bagley not present. Tom Horrace reported
- March 12 permit on Brownlee in hand
- Possible move Dworshak tournament to September 11th
- Nancy’s going to talk to PRB at their 2/9/16 meeting about possibly using their permit.
- Possibilities: blasting off from Dent Acres ramp, a club battle, 1-3 plaques sponsored by Nick with Pita Pit
YOUTH: Youth Director Mike Enrico reported:
- $600 commitment from sponsors, Cabelas on board for sponsorship
- Grub & BBQ is donating pulled pork and buns for 100 people
CLASSIC: Director Roger Stringer was not present.
SNAKE RIVER LADY BASS: President Tom Horrace reported:
- Tom read the letters from the two families.
- As of 2/1/16, 2016 dues now include the $5.00 late fee.
- The 2016 tournament schedule is available on our website.
- Cabin Fever kids event at the Karcher Mall is Saturday 2/6/16. They are in need of volunteers from 10-5.
- Krissy Horrace will put together the donated gift basket from SRB for the Banquet.
- Canyon Marine in Nampa will be having an open house all day prior to the Banquet.
- New membership applications are available online.
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters