February 2017 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by president Tom Horrace at 7:09 P.M. at the IHOP restaurant in Nampa. There were 40 club and family members, new members and guests present. New members / guests: Neil Russell, Justin Soppe, Josh and Dominick Carver, Chad Beverage, Eddie Garcia, Brian Kropp and Matt.
- January minutes were approved.
- Treasury report presented and discussed.
- President Horrace asked for committee reports:
THE IDAHO BASS FEDERATION: Bill Kriner reported:
- New Conservation Director in 2017 is Ryan Cullen from Mountain Home club.
- New Youth Director in 2017 is Chris Adams from Payette club; he will be doing Youth for both IBN and TIBF.
- TIBF is buying 5 tags for the IDFG smallmouth bass tracking project. Tags and project will last for 10 months. They are looking for volunteers to catch and help tag bass in March / April.
- Banquet will be Feb. 18, same location and caterer.
- Looking for sponsors for ads on TIBF weigh trailer, several levels are available.
- Due to a scheduling conflict, the TIBF Qualifier Championship has been moved.
- Updated Qualifier rules are posted on the TIBF website.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Tournament director Jay Bagley reported:
- 2017 SRB tournament and open dates are set; no schedule conflicts at this time.
- Teams fishing club tournaments need to be paid members and have their boat insurance papers in before fiishing a tournament.
- We will only use the club's weigh-in bags and only let 5 bags out at a time.
- We will have one release boat per 5 - 6 boats in each tournament. First 8 boats in the draw need to be prepared to release fish. Motion made and passed for: Boats refusing to be a release boat without mechanical issues will be DQed for the tournament.
- First out raffle will be held at the meeting before each tournament at the time of the boat draw. If you can't attend the meeting and want tickets, contact Tom H. or Jay B..
YOUTH: Youth Director Mike Enrico reported:
- Same companies are doing the food for the Youth and Lady Bass opens. We will need members to donate and extras rods, reels and baits for the Kid's Open.
- We need some extra boats for kids that want to fish the open, but have no boats.
LADY BASS: Kira Bousquet not present, Tom reported:
- We received a thank you letter from the family we helped at Christmas.
CLASSIC - Jack & Jill: Tom Horrace and Steve Day reported:
- Permits and letters for 2017 open tournaments are being submitted.
- IDFG is looking for volunteers to catch and help tag bass for the smallmouth tracking project in March / April.
- Talk about making sets of belly weight clips for bass in livewells. Jason may bring some for people to look at.
There being no more new business, the meeting adjourned at 7:50 p.m. The next meeting will be on Monday March 6 at the IHOP Restaurant in Nampa.
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters