February 2018 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by president Tom Horrace at 7:05 P.M. at the IHOP Restaurant in Nampa. There were 27 club and family members present.
- January meeting minutes approved.
- Treasury report presented and discussed.
THE IDAHO BASS FEDERATION: Steve reported:
- TIBF High School is May 5, 2018 and the TIBF Youth is May 6, 2018, both on C.J. Strike.
- Looking for conservation projects for 2018.
- 2018 TIBF Banquet will be Feb. 24 at the Senior Center in Meridian. Same setup as last year. Open House at Canyon Marine that morning. Ish Monrone will be at the Open House and Banquet.
- Current officers will stay for 2018.
- IBM Open will be co-sponsored by TIBF on Brownlee on March 31.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Tournament director Jay Bagley reported:
- First SRB tournament on Brownlee will be a two-day tournament: March 24 - 25. Pre-tournament meeting 8:30 p.m. Friday. There will be an extra Big Fish option pot.
- For the June Owyhee tournament we will share a permit with ABA; this means we will have a 13" minimum length for any bass weighed in.
- For July Lake Lowell tournament we are looking at having a potluck during the meeting.
- Ryan Wilson is continuing the $200 added Big Fish money for each tournament.
YOUTH: Youth Director Mike Enrico:
- No report
Lady Bass: LB Director:
- We sponsored Christmas for one family and a dinner for another family.
CLASSIC - Jack & Jill: Tom Horrace reported:
- No report.
CONSERVATION: Terry Brown reported
- Terry gave an overview on the bass tracking project. IDFG will give a presentation on it as the TIBF banquet Feb. 24.
- Club is looking at purchasing some more motor bands to replace the worn out bands, an LED readout for the scale, a new weigh table and some more cones.
- Some weigh table ideas were discussed.
- Club voted to start holding meetings on Friday before tournaments at the weigh-in site during tournament season. March meeting will still be at IHOP in Nampa; meeting after that will occur at tournaments..
- 2018 officer: still need President and Secretary.
- Oregon Parks camping is filling up, reserve your camping now.
There being no more new business, the meeting adjourned at 7:25 p.m. The next meeting will be March 5 at IHOP in Nampa. .
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters