January 2015 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by President Horrace at 7:08 P.M. at the IHOP Restaurant in Nampa. There were 22 club members present.
- December meeting minutes approved
- Treasury Report presented and approved
INTRODUCTIONS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Guest Gabe Bishop is looking at joining our club in 2015. He is a non-boater looking for a boater to fish with.
COMMITTEE REPORTS: President Horrace asked for committee reports:
- Club members need to remember to support the businesses that have donated to our club: Ted Marshall of Burns Ford and Bargain Boat Parts. For 2015 Burns Ford is donating club plaques again and Bargain Boat Parts is paying for tournament permits. Elken Lures offers a 10% discount on orders for current SRB members.
CONSERVATION / WILDLIFE COUNCIL:
- SRB needs a conservation director if anyone wants to volunteer.
- The bass fizzing kits are available to those that need one.
IDAHO BASS FEDERATION: Bill Kriner reported
- The 2015 Divisional will be in Montana on Noxon Reservoir May 18 - 22.
- 2015 State Team info is on the website.
- With TBF putting more emphasis on High School fishing, we are looking for ways to increase HS fishing participation here in Idaho.
- Discussions were held concerning possible dates/locations for 2015 Youth, High School and TIBF Qualifier tournaments. Final dates/locations were made at the date setting meeting.
- 2015 TIBF banquet will be held at the same location as 2014. Looking at a caterer from Twin Falls area. Banquet tickets are available from Steve; price is $35. Canyon Marine is working with Ranger to get a guest speaker for the banquet.
- 2015 Sport Show will be March 5 - 8. SRB will do the kid's casting event Friday evening again, 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- ISCAC is trying to raise money by raffling of a Weatherby rifle in .257 Weatherby caliber; tickets are $10 each or 3 tickets for $20. Contact Steve Day to puchase tickets.
YOUTH: Youth Director Jason Bousquet reported:
- Youth Open is July 19 on C.J. Strike.
- We will need to order more youth ribbons before the Youth Open.
- If anyone has extra tackle, donate it to the Youth Open for the kid's tackle packs.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Jay Bagley was not present, Tom reported
- Roger Sheltrown gave us Christian Bass's old scale; we can use it as a back-up.
- Jason talked about using the Group Area at Dworshak; it is $50 for any size group.
CLASSIC / HAN: Steve Day reported
- SRB Classic will be on Owyhee Reservoir June 6, Oregon Free Fishing Day. Payette Club may host the Jack & Jill tournament June 7 on Owyhee on the same permit.
SNAKE RIVER LADY BASS:
- SRB spent about $700 for food for two families and gifts for one family.
- 2015 Lady Bass Open tournament will be July 18 on C.J. Strike.
- Tom can get SRB t-shirts for $12; we can sell them for $15 and give $3 to the Needy Family program. They also can make SRB stickers.
- We need to find some way to thank Ted Marshall and Bargain Boat Parts for their sponsorships.
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters