January 2016 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by President Horrace at 7:10 P.M. at the IHOP Restaurant in Nampa. There were 15 club members present.
- December meeting minutes approved
- Treasury Report presented and approved.
INTRODUCTIONS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Prospective member Doug Nicholson introduced himself.
- Mike Enrico and Shellie Rogers are engaged.
- Chuck Caba is going to have his hip replaced this week.
COMMITTEE REPORTS: President Horrace asked for committee reports:
- Club members need to remember to support the businesses that have donated to our club: Ted Marshall of Burns Ford and Bargain Boat Parts. For 2015 Burns Ford donated club plaques again and Bargain Boat Parts is paying for tournament permits. Elken Lures offers a 10% discount on orders for current SRB members.
CONSERVATION / WILDLIFE COUNCIL:
- SRB needs a conservation director if anyone wants to volunteer.
- The bass fizzing kits are available to those that need one.
IDAHO BASS FEDERATION: Bill Kriner not present, TIBF President Davanh reported
- TIBF has 352+ members.
- Davanh explained the new Federation Qualifier setup. The top two people per club can qualify, top 10% fishing the Qualifiers qualify for State Team. Instead of fishing a Regional Qualifier, Idaho will fish against Montana. Top two anglers will go to Nationals.
- The Canyon County Commissioners contacted Davanh about possibly poisoning the carp in Lake Lowell. They want the bass clubs and Federations to help with a possibly bass relocation before the lake is poisoned.
- The 2016 TIBF banquet is going to stay with current location and caterer; it will be Feb. 20. The guest speaker will be pro John Murray. Tickets are $35 and will be available at the February SRB meeting or from Federation officers. Canyon Marine will have an Open House Saturday Feb. 20 before the banquet; it will feature special prices and a seminar.
YOUTH: Youth Director Jason Bousquet reported:
- Another discussion on getting a SRB Youth Chapter started. We need more info from TBF on startup numbers and procedures. Members need to let us know the ages of any youth that want to fish SRB. The official age range is 11 - 14, so we may end up with kids younger or older than want to fish.
- We are looking at holding half-day youth tournaments on Sunday after club tournaments using the same permits. Another suggestions was to talk to other local clubs about running yout opens so that local kids can get more fishing experience.
- 2016 Youth Open will be July 23 on C.J. Strike.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Jay Bagley reported
- 2016 SRB tournament permit applications have been sent in. Tournament dates and locations will be posted on the club website soon.
CLASSIC: Steve Day reported
- 2016 SRB Classic will be June 11 on Owyhee Reservoir; it looks like we will be running the Jack & Jill Open on June 12 on Owyhee too.
SNAKE RIVER LADY BASS:
- Krissy and Kira spent $900 to buy food and gifts for two families.
- Tom has SRB sweatshirts for $25 and T-shirts for $15; $5 from each sale goes to Lady Bass.
- All club members need to bring $1 or a can of food to each meeting for the Needy Family program.
- 2016 Lady Bass Open will be July 24 on C.J. Strike.
- Drawing was done for the rod blank that Jay Bagley donated to the club to encourage participation in club events. Winner was Kira Bousquet.
- John Burrow from Canyon Marine brought us the new weigh-in bags that we ordered. They will be much nicer that the cheap bags that we are currently using.
- 2016 dues need to be paid by January; new membership applications will be available soon. The TBF fishing rod deal is available again in 2016.
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters