January 2017 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by president Tom Horrace at 7:07 P.M. at the IHOP restaurant in Nampa. There were 21 club and family members present.
- December minutes were approved.
- Treasury report presented and discussed.
- President Horrace asked for committee reports:
THE IDAHO BASS FEDERATION: Bill Kriner reported:
- New Conservation Director in 2017 is Ryan Cullen from Mountain Home club; we still need a new Youth Director.
- New Youth Director in 2017 is Chris Adams from Payette club; he will be doing Youth for both IBN and TIBF.
- TIBF is looking at making bass conservation signs to put up at C.J. Strike and other reservoirs; project is tempoarily on hold
- Banquet will be Feb. 18, same location and caterer.
- Looking for sponsors for ads on TIBF weigh trailer.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Tournament director Jay Bagley reported:
- 2017 SRB tournament and open dates are set; no schedule conflicts at this time
- Need to figure out a better release boat system for club tournaments. We will probably need 6 - 8 boats in 2017. Possibilities include designated release boats getting $50 gas cards. Still under discussion.
- Tournament sign-ups start at February SRB meeting.
YOUTH: Youth Director Mike Enrico reported:
- Larry Raganit talked about the Cabin Fever Reliever event at Karcher MAll on Feb. 4. He is asking for volunteers to come and help; volunteers need to fill out an application for a background check before helping at the event. Form is available on the TIBF website News page.
- Same companies are doing the food for the Youth and Lady Bass opens. We will need members to donate and extras rods, reels and baits for the Kid's Open. Neighborhood Wal-mart off Roosevelt in Nampa has some rods to donate.
- We need some extra boats for kids that want to fish the open, but have no boats.
- Kids casting events and booth at Sports Show are cancelled.
LADY BASS: Kira Bousquet not present, Tom reported:
- We helped one family with two kids this year.
CLASSIC - Jack & Jill: Tom Horrace and Steve Day reported:
- Dates and locations for 2017 open tournaments are set.
- Motion made and passed to buy two transmitters for IDFG to use in a smallmouth bass tracking project. They will send a report about the project after it is complete.
- Talk about making sets of belly weight clips for bass in livewells. Jason may bring some for people to look at.
- Motion made and passed to donate $100 to IHOP for their Children's Miracle Network fundraiser.
There being no more new business, the meeting adjourned at 7:48 p.m. The next meeting will be on Monday February 6 at the IHOP Restaurant in Nampa.
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters