July 2014 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by President Horrace at 7:12 P.M. at the Nampa IHOP Restaurant. There were 20 club members and 1 guest present.
GUESTS: BBB member Jeff Henzler looking at joining our club and fishing C.J. Strike.
- June meeting minutes approved
- June Treasury Report approved
INTRODUCTIONS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
COMMITTEE REPORTS: President Horrace asked for committee reports:
- Club members need to remember to support the businesses that have donated to our club: Ted Marshall of Burns Ford and Bargain Boat Parts.
- Don't forget that Elken Lures offers a 10% discount on orders from current SRB members.
CONSERVATION / WILDLIFE COUNCIL:
- SRB needs a conservation director if anyone wants to volunteer.
- The bass fizzing kits are available to those that need one; Tom will have them at the Hells Canyon tournament.
IDAHO BASS FEDERATION:Bill Kriner reported
- Youth Championship will stay on Cascade.
- High School Championship and Soldier Appreciation were June 29 on C.J. Strike. Fishing was pretty good.
- A couple of the new motor bands had torn or broke at the seam. A discussion was held about fixes, spandex material being added to a section of the band was mentioned.
- The 2015 Divisional will be in Montana, probably Noxon or Yellowtail.
- South Divisional is looking at moving the last two Qualifiers from Walcott/Milner to Lowell and/or Strike
- Bill Kriner brought a hard case for the conference phone to be stored in.
YOUTH:Youth Director Jason Bousquet reported:
- We are two weeks out on the Youth and Lady Bass tournament; we need club members to step up and volunteer. Jason has the volunteer list.
- Entries printed and working on getting donations.
- Jimmy and/or Bink Desaro are donating drinks.
- BBB and the Payette club are going to donate $200 in Visa gift cards for awards to kids.
- With the youth from BBB and Payette added in, we are looking at 50 - 60 kids at the Youth Open; we will go wil three age groups this year: 8 and under, 9 - 13, and 14 - 18.
- We will use the BBB scales with the digital reader board and the large white board to write the results on.
- Coordinating with Buffalo Wild Wings to sponsor event, no hot dogs, but they will have something for us as far as the food goes.
- Plan on reserving pavilions by launch at C.J. Strike, 1st come 1st serve.
- We will not use the release tank, but tie up the release boats at the dock nearest the weigh-in.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR:Jay Bagley reported
- Reminder to club members: get to the ramp early so that we can ready the pre-tournament meeting done and be on the water ready to go by safe light. This is especially true if you are going to pay at the ramp. We want to blast-off early at Strike due to the heat and 3:00 p.m. weigh-in.
- Remember to bring non-iodized salt, Rejuvinade and ice for your livewells.
- Hells Canyon results and payout were done; sign-up and draw for C.J. Strike were done. Look to have 15 boats at Strike.
- About two dozen unused weigh bags were found, so we are good to go for a while.
- A motion was made and passed to weigh in at 3:00 p.m. at the Strike tournament if temperatures are over 100 degrees.
CLASSIC / HAN:Steve Day reported
- Classic and Jack & Jill tournament report was made. We have one bad check from the Classic, efforts to collect will continue. All boats had limits both day, so the fishing was pretty good.
SNAKE RIVER LADY BASS:
- Bring a can of food or $1.
OLD BUSINESS: n/a
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters