July 2015 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by President Horrace at 7:05 P.M. at the IHOP Restaurant in Nampa. There were 31 club members and guests present.
- June meeting minutes approved
- Treasury Report presented and approved
INTRODUCTIONS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
COMMITTEE REPORTS: President Horrace asked for committee reports:
- Club members need to remember to support the businesses that have donated to our club: Ted Marshall of Burns Ford and Bargain Boat Parts. For 2015 Burns Ford is donating club plaques again and Bargain Boat Parts is paying for tournament permits. Elken Lures offers a 10% discount on orders for current SRB members.
CONSERVATION / WILDLIFE COUNCIL:
- SRB needs a conservation director if anyone wants to volunteer.
- The bass fizzing kits are available to those that need one.
IDAHO BASS FEDERATION: Bill Kriner reported
- TIBF has 340+ members.
- Possibly looking for a new location for the 2016 TIBF banquet due to rising costs to rent the current building. Current opinion is to stay with current location and caterer.
- Skyler reviewed the repairs he did to the release boat trailer.
- Structure plant on C.J. Strike; date is not set, but looking at October 3. The Mountain Home club have a spot to store the structures plus the cement guy is willing to pour them with excess cement if someone shows up to help at a moments notice.
- Soldier Appreciation Tournament will be June 20 at CJ Strike reservoir. We got 15 volunteer boats for the 30 military personel that will be attending the tournament. Talked about the details for running the tournament and the BBQ.
- TIBF High School Championship will be June 28 on C.J. Strike.
YOUTH: Youth Director Jason Bousquet reported:
- Youth Open is July 19 on C.J. Strike. BBB is bringing their scales and reader board.
- We will end up doing a potluck BBQ with Tom doing BBQ pulled pork or grilling hot dogs and hamburgers. Looking at possibly getting a local grocery store to donate some food items. Chris Rambough from Payette will loan us his big grill.
- Motion made and passed for the club to buy $25 gift cards for the highest angler from our club for each age group.
- If anyone has extra tackle, donate it to the Youth Open for the kid's tackle packs.
- Need major raffle prizes; please contact Jason is you have or can get something.
- Business donations: 4x4 Shop in Caldwell: $50, McAlvain Management in Boise: $200. Mike Enrico is bring 5 cases of Gatorade from Coca Cola.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Jay Bagley reported
- Payout for Dworshak tournament was done, 11 boats fished the tournament.
- A discussion was held about holding any future Dworshak tournaments on Dent Ramp as it is more centrally located and has a nice campground.
- Anglers need to be prepared for keeping their fish healthy in hot weather and water temps. Non-iodized salt, release chemicals and ice need to be in boats during hot weather. Fill your livewells early in the morning and recirculate instead of pumping in hot water. Make sure that the lids on your livewells are insulated.
- Sign-up for the July 25 C.J. Strike tournament were done. Weigh-in is still scheduled for 4:00 p.m.; it may go earlier if the temperatures are forecast to be over 100 degrees that day.
CLASSIC / HAN: Steve Day reported
- SRB Classic had 38 boats; big fish was 7.00 lbs. top weight was 20.34 lbs.
- Jack & Jill tournament had 24 boats; big fish was 4.54 lbs and top weight was 19.50 lbs.
- Thanks to everyone that came to the tournaments to fish and/or help out.
- Looking at buying an awning to shade the scale, plus some orange cones to block areas and some solar light for lighting the edge of ramps.
SNAKE RIVER LADY BASS:
- 2015 Lady Bass Open tournament will be July 18 on C.J. Strike. There will be a potluck BBQ after the weigh-in.
- Tom has SRB sweatshirts for $25 and T-shirts for $15; $5 from each sale goes to Lady Bass.
- All club members need to bring $1 or a can of food to each meeting for the Needy Family program.
- Jay Bagley has a donated rod blank that he wants to use to build a rod to encourage club members to help at the Youth Open tournament and in other club events: Sports Show casting event, Classic, Jack & Jill, Youth Open, Lady Bass Open, etc.
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters