June 2015 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by President Horrace at 7:10 P.M. at the IHOP Restaurant in Nampa. There were 25 club members and guests present.
- May meeting minutes approved
- Treasury Report presented and approved
INTRODUCTIONS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
COMMITTEE REPORTS: President Horrace asked for committee reports:
- Club members need to remember to support the businesses that have donated to our club: Ted Marshall of Burns Ford and Bargain Boat Parts. For 2015 Burns Ford is donating club plaques again and Bargain Boat Parts is paying for tournament permits. Elken Lures offers a 10% discount on orders for current SRB members.
CONSERVATION / WILDLIFE COUNCIL:
- SRB needs a conservation director if anyone wants to volunteer.
- The bass fizzing kits are available to those that need one.
IDAHO BASS FEDERATION: Bill Kriner reported
- TIBF has 324 members with more coming.
- The 2015 Divisional was on Noxon Reservoir in Montana May 18 - 22; Idaho placed 2nd as a state. Bryson Mort and Loren Torok will represent Idaho at next year's Nationals.
- Possibly looking for a new location for the 2016 TIBF banquet due to rising costs to rent the current building.
- Two Youth Qualifier tournaments on Cascade; one for 2015 Nationals and one for 2016. Cutoff date to sign up for the first Youth Qualifier in May 31; entry forms are available on the TIBF website.
- Looking at doing a structure plant on C.J. Strike; date is not set, but looking at October.
- Soldier Appreciation Tournament will be June 20 at CJ Strike reservoir. Organizers need 15 volunteer boats for the 30 military personel that will be attending the tournament.
YOUTH: Youth Director Jason Bousquet reported:
- Youth Open is July 19 on C.J. Strike. BBB is in and Payette club is out to help with the tournament again this year. IBM gave Tom a check for $300 at the Owyhee tournament to be used towards food. Buffalo Wild Wings is out as a food sponsor, so we will end up doing a potluck BBQ with Tom doing BBQ pulled pork or grilling hot dogs and hamburgers. Looking at possibly getting a local grocery store to donate some food items. Chris Rambough from Payette will loan us his big grill.
- Paper entry forms are printed and being distributed to tackle stores.
- If anyone has extra tackle, donate it to the Youth Open for the kid's tackle packs.
- Payette club Conservation Day is June 13 from 8:00 a.m. to noon at Attwood Ponds in Payette. Contact Chris Rambough if you want to help.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Jay Bagley reported
- Payout for Owyhee tournament was done, plaques handed out for Brownlee and Owyhee.
- Jay did sign-ups for the June 27 Dworshak tournament; draw will be Friday before the tournament. Overnight camping with no power is available in the parking area near Big Eddy Ramp. Camping with power available at the State Park.
- All boaters need to have their insurance papers in to Jay in by the next tournament.
CLASSIC / HAN: Steve Day reported
- SRB Classic will be on Owyhee Reservoir June 6, Oregon Free Fishing Day.
- Jack & Jill tournament is Sunday June 7.
- All permits have been received. Plaques are ready, entry form are printed.
- We will need lots of help to run these tournaments this year. A volunteer sign-up sheet was passed around and mostly filled out. With the number of boats signing up and the rumored size of fish caught pre-fishing, we may need 5 or 6 release boats.
SNAKE RIVER LADY BASS:
- 2015 Lady Bass Open tournament will be July 18 on C.J. Strike.
- Tom has sweatshirts and T-shirts available for sale with proceeds going to Lady Bass.
- All club members need to bring $1 or a can of food to each meeting for the Needy Family program.
- Jay Bagley has a donated rod blank that he wants to use to build a rod to encourage club members to help at the Youth Open tournament and in other club events: Sports Show casting event, Classic, Jack & Jill, Youth Open, Lady Bass Open, etc.
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters