June 2014 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by President Horrace at 7:10 P.M. at the Nampa IHOP Restaurant. There were 15 club members and 2 guests present.
GUESTS:Former SRB member Mike Howard and son
- May meeting minutes approved
- May Treasury Report approved
INTRODUCTIONS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
COMMITTEE REPORTS: President Horrace asked for committee reports:
- Club members need to remember to support the businesses that have donated to our club: Ted Marshall of Burns Ford and Bargain Boat Parts.
CONSERVATION / WILDLIFE COUNCIL:
- SRB needs a conservation director if anyone wants to volunteer.
- The bass fizzing kits are available to those that need one.
IDAHO BASS FEDERATION:Bill Kriner reported
- Youth Championship may only have one angler; a discussion was held to possibly send that youth North to CDA to fish with the youth up there.
- High School Championship is June 29 on C.J. Strike.
- A couple of the new motor bands had torn or broke at the seam. A discussion was held about fixes, spandex material being added to a section of the band was mentioned.
- Idaho State Team is on the way to fish the NW Divisional on Flaming Gorge.
- South Divisional is looking at moving the last two Qualifiers from Walcott/Milner to Lowell and/or Strike
- Bill Kriner might have a hard case for the conference phone to be stored in.
YOUTH:Youth Director Jason Bousquet reported:
- Entries printed and working on getting donations.
- BBB and the Payette club are going to work with us on the Youth Open tournament.
- With the youth from BBB and Payette added in, we are looking at 50 - 60 kids at the Youth Open; we will go wil three age groups this year: 8 and under, 9 - 13, and 14 - 18. Extra set of plaques has been received.
- We will use the BBB scales with the digital reader board and the large white board to write the results on.
- Coordinating with Buffalo Wild Wings to sponsor event
- Plan on reserving pavilions by launch at C.J. Strike, 1st come 1st serve.
- The Payette Club helps with a Kid's Conservation Day every year at Atwood Pond in Payette; it will be on June 14. It is a half-day event and has fishing, ATV riding, archery, shooting and more events for kids. They need 20 boats for kids to fish from.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR:Jay Bagleywas in Rupert, Tom reported
- Reminder to club members: get to the ramp early so that we can ready the pre-tournament meeting done and be on the water ready to go by safe light. This is especially true if you are going to pay at the ramp.
- Owyhee results and payout were done; sign-up and draw for Hells Canyon done.
- About two dozen unused weigh bags were found, so we are good to go for a while.
- Marine Deputy warned a couple boats about wakes in the no-wake zone at Owyhee. From the first buoy to the second buoy is 5 mph, from the second buoy on in is NO WAKE AT ALL.
CLASSIC / HAN:Steve Day reported
- Classic and Jack & Jill entry forms are out.
- Everyone needs to plan on helping out with the tournament as we hope it have a good turnout this year. Steve volunteer sign-up sheetto the meeting; there are still things needing volunteers.
SNAKE RIVER LADY BASS:
- Bring a can of food or $1.
OLD BUSINESS: n/a
- Kyle is moving back north, so we need a new secretary. Tom and Steve will split the position for now.
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters