March 2015 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by President Horrace at 7:08 P.M. at the IHOP Restaurant in Nampa. There were 24 club members and guests present.
- February meeting minutes approved
- Treasury Report presented and approved
- Bought a new scale that weighs up to 45 lbs; cost was $455
INTRODUCTIONS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- New members: Davanh Sengsourinho, Denton Crofts, Ian Hastie and Bret & Hilary Beasley have joined our club for 2015.
- Larry Raganit gave the Enricos some certificates for helping at the Kid's First Cast event Feb. 7 at Karcher Mall.
COMMITTEE REPORTS: President Horrace asked for committee reports:
- Club members need to remember to support the businesses that have donated to our club: Ted Marshall of Burns Ford and Bargain Boat Parts. For 2015 Burns Ford is donating club plaques again and Bargain Boat Parts is paying for tournament permits. Elken Lures offers a 10% discount on orders for current SRB members.
CONSERVATION / WILDLIFE COUNCIL:
- SRB needs a conservation director if anyone wants to volunteer.
- The bass fizzing kits are available to those that need one.
IDAHO BASS FEDERATION: Bill Kriner reported
- The 2015 Divisional will be in Montana on Noxon Reservoir May 18 - 22.
- 2015 TIBF banquet was a success and the food was good
- 2015 Sport Show was March 5 - 8; SRB did the kid's casting event Friday evening again, 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. A ig thanks to the people that showed up to help: Tom Horrace, Jason Bousquet, Chuck Caba and Steve Day.
YOUTH: Youth Director Jason Bousquet was not present:
- Youth Open is July 19 on C.J. Strike.
- Applied for donations from Cabela's, talked to Buffalo Wild Wings about a food sponsorship again. Howard's Tackle will make some donations. We need more donations for the raffle, so club members need to keep your eyes open and ask around
- If anyone has extra tackle, donate it to the Youth Open for the kid's tackle packs.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Jay Bagley reported
- Doing sign-ups for the April 4 Brownlee tournament. The draw will be held Friday April 3 at Woodhead, so make sure you get signed up and your insurance papers in by then. If you plan on paying at the ramp, get there early as it will be busy and we want to blast-off on time.
- Jay and Jeremy want an extra person helping at each weigh-in this year tomake things run smoother.
- We more boats fishing our club this year, we will probably need more release boats; number will be decided at each tournament.
CLASSIC / HAN: Steve Day reported
- SRB Classic will be on Owyhee Reservoir June 6, Oregon Free Fishing Day.
- Jack & Jill tournament is Sunday June 7.
- All permits are applied for.
SNAKE RIVER LADY BASS:
- 2015 Lady Bass Open tournament will be July 18 on C.J. Strike.
- We need to find some way to thank Ted Marshall and Bargain Boat Parts for their sponsorships. A motion was made and passed to order them thank-you plaques along with the club and open trophies.
- A discussion was held concerning division of points when two boaters team up if their non-boaters were not available. It was decided that each would get points for the Dworshak tournament only; other tournaments only the boater would get points.
- Cheryl Petty from J/H Sales and Western Marine died of cancer March 10. A motion was made and passed for $50 towards a flower arrangement from the club.
- Jay Bagley has a donated rod blank that he wants to use to encourage club members to help at the Youth Open tournament. Further discussion opened the possibility of using the custom rod to encourage club member participation in other club events: Sports Show casting event, Classic, Jack & Jill, Youth Open, Lady Bass Open, etc. We need to discuss this further and make a decision.
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters