March 2017 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by president Tom Horrace at 7:10 P.M. at the IHOP restaurant in Nampa. There were 39 club and family members, new members and guests present.
- February minutes were approved.
- Treasury report presented and discussed.
- Larry Raganit gave out award certificates to those that helped at The Cabin Rever Reliever event. More hlpe is needed for next year's event!
- President Horrace asked for committee reports:
THE IDAHO BASS FEDERATION: Bill Kriner not present, Steve reported:
- Banquet was Feb. 18, no Federation meeting
- IDFG is looking for volunteers to catch bass for the smallmouth tagging project. Date will be end of March / first part of April. Let Steve, Tom or Bill know if you want to help out.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Tournament director Jay Bagley not present, Tom reported:
- Ryan Wilson is donating an added $200 per tournament for the Big Fish.
- We will only use the club's weigh-in bags and only let 5 bags out at a time.
- We will have one release boat per 5 - 6 boats in each tournament. First 8 boats in the draw need to be prepared to release fish. Motion made and passed for: Boats refusing to be a release boat without mechanical issues will be DQed for the tournament.
- First out raffle will be held at the meeting before each tournament at the time of the boat draw. If you can't attend the meeting and want tickets, contact Tom H. or Jay B. Due to the lack of tickets at the March meeting, tickets will be sold and drawn at the C.J. Strike tournament.
- Due to Black Sands ramp still being worked on, we are going out of Air Forace ramp.
- Boaters need to have their insurance papers in to Jay before the tournament. Boats need to be in the water by 6:30 a.m. and blast-off woll be around 6:45 a.m.
- If you need to pay dues or entry fees at the ramp, make sure to get there early enough to do so before the 6:00 a.m. cutoff.
YOUTH: Youth Director Mike Enrico reported:
- Same companies are doing the food for the Youth and Lady Bass opens. We will need members to donate and extras rods, reels and baits for the Kid's Open.
- We need some extra boats for kids that want to fish the open, but have no boats.
LADY BASS: Kira Bousquet not present, Tom reported:
- We received a thank you letter from the family we helped at Christmas.
CLASSIC - Jack & Jill: Tom Horrace and Steve Day reported:
- Permits and letters for 2017 open tournaments are being submitted.
- Camping is filling up at Owyhee for the weekend of the Classic, so reserve now.
CONSERVATION: Terry Brown had no report
- IDFG is looking for volunteers to catch and help tag bass for the smallmouth tracking project in March / April.
- Talk about making sets of belly weight clips for bass in livewells. Jason may bring some for people to look at.
There being no more new business, the meeting adjourned at 7:45 p.m. The next meeting will be on Monday April 3 at the IHOP Restaurant in Nampa.
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters