May 2014 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by President Horrace at 7:05 P.M. at the Nampa IHOP Restaurant. There were 17 club members and 4 guests present.
GUESTS:Nancy and Josh Petross, Lionel Garza
- April meeting minutes approved
- April Treasury Report approved
- $926 paid out for tournament plaques for club, youth, Lady Bass, Classic and Jack & Jill
INTRODUCTIONS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
COMMITTEE REPORTS: President Horrace asked for committee reports:
- Club members need to remember to support the businesses that have donated to our club: Ted Marshall of Burns Ford and Bargain Boat Parts.
CONSERVATION / WILDLIFE COUNCIL:
- SRB needs a conservation director if anyone wants to volunteer.
- The bass fizzing kits are available to those that need one.
IDAHO BASS FEDERATION:Bill Kriner reported
- Youth Championship is now 11 - 15 years of age; tournament will be August 10 on Cascade; the entry form and rules are posted on the /Federation website.
- High School Championship is June 29 on C.J. Strike.
- Motor bands are available for $20 each, contact Steve Day.
- IDFG is looking at getting grants to update and repair Black Sands ramp. They will need letters of support when they get things lined out.
- The steering on the release boat was repaired.
- NW Divisional is on Flaming Gorge.
YOUTH:Youth Director Jason Bousquet reported:
- BBB and the Payette club are going to work with us on the Youth Open tournament.
- With the youth from BBB and Payette added in, we are looking at 50 - 60 kids at the Youth Open; we will go wil three age groups this year: 8 and under, 9 - 13, and 14 - 18. We will need to order one more group of plaques.
- We will use the BBB scales with the digital reader board and the large white board to write the results on.
- Coordinating with Buffalo Wild Wings to sponsor event
- Plan on reserving pavilions by launch at C.J. Strike, 1st come 1st serve.
- The Payette Club helps with a Kid's Conservation Day every year at Atwood Pond in Payette; it will be on June 14. It is a half-day event and has fishing, ATV riding, archery, shooting and more events for kids. They need 20 boats for kids to fish from.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR:Jay Bagley reported
- Reminder to club members: get to the ramp early so that we can ready the pre-tournament meeting done and be on the water ready to go by safe light.
- Brownlee results and payout were done; plaques are done, but not picked up yet.
- Working on getting new fish bags for this year.
CLASSIC / HAN:Steve Day reported
- Classic and Jack & Jill entry forms will be out by next week.
- Everyone needs to plan on helping out with the tournament as we hope it have a good turnout this year. Steve will send out a help sign-up sheet next week.
SNAKE RIVER LADY BASS:
- Bring a can of food or $1.
OLD BUSINESS: n/a
NEW BUSINESS: n/aThere being no more business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:50 p.m. The next meeting will be at 7:00 p.m. on Monday, June 2nd at IHOP in Nampa.
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters