May 2015 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by President Horrace at 7:10 P.M. at the IHOP Restaurant in Nampa. There were 21 club members and guests present.
- April meeting minutes approved
- Treasury Report presented and approved
INTRODUCTIONS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
COMMITTEE REPORTS: President Horrace asked for committee reports:
- Club members need to remember to support the businesses that have donated to our club: Ted Marshall of Burns Ford and Bargain Boat Parts. For 2015 Burns Ford is donating club plaques again and Bargain Boat Parts is paying for tournament permits. Elken Lures offers a 10% discount on orders for current SRB members.
CONSERVATION / WILDLIFE COUNCIL:
- SRB needs a conservation director if anyone wants to volunteer.
- The bass fizzing kits are available to those that need one.
IDAHO BASS FEDERATION: Bill Kriner reported
- The 2015 Divisional will be in Montana on Noxon Reservoir May 18 - 22.
- Possibly looking for a new location for the 2016 TIBF banquet due to rising costs to rent the current building.
- Two Youth Qualifier tournaments on Cascade; one for 2015 Nationals and one for 2016. Cutoff date to sign up for the first Youth Qualifier in May 31; entry forms are available on the TIBF website.
- Lake Lowell/Deerflat Refuge plan is in effect, we need to see how it affects the first two Lake Lowell tournaments this year. The grebe nest closures are yet to be determined.
- Soldier Appreciation Tournament-The date will be June 20 at CJ Strike reservoir. Organizers need 10 volunteer boats for the 20 military personel that will be attending the tournament.
YOUTH: Youth Director Jason Bousquet was not present:
- Youth Open is July 19 on C.J. Strike. BBB is in and Payette club is out to help with the tournament again this year. IBM may be interested in helping also.
- Buffalo Wild Wings is out as a food sponsor, but they are donating raffle prizes. We may end up doing a potluck BBQ. BBB may have some Youth money to use towards food. Possibilities are Tom doing BBQ pulled pork or grilling hot dogs and hamburgers. Looking at possibly getting a local grocery store to donate some food items.
- Howard's Tackle will make some donations.
- If anyone has extra tackle, donate it to the Youth Open for the kid's tackle packs.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Jay Bagley was not present, Tom reported
- Tm did sign-ups for the May 9 Owyhee tournament; draw will be Friday before the tournament. IBM will also be holding a tournament on Owyhee and be going out ot the Day Park Ramp. People need to be on the water by 5:45 a.m. and prepared to blast-off by 6:00 a.m.
- All boaters need to have their insurance papers in to Jay in by the next tournament.
CLASSIC / HAN: Steve Day reported
- SRB Classic will be on Owyhee Reservoir June 6, Oregon Free Fishing Day.
- Jack & Jill tournament is Sunday June 7.
- All permits have been received. Plaques are ready, entry form are printed.
- We will need lots of help to run these tournaments this year. Steve has a sign-up sheet.
SNAKE RIVER LADY BASS:
- 2015 Lady Bass Open tournament will be July 18 on C.J. Strike.
- All club members need to bring $1 or a can of food to each meeting for the Needy Family program.
- All club plaques are ready to go.
- Jay Bagley has a donated rod blank that he wants to use to build a rod to encourage club members to help at the Youth Open tournament and in other club events: Sports Show casting event, Classic, Jack & Jill, Youth Open, Lady Bass Open, etc.
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters