November 2014 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by President Horrace at 3:00 P.M. at the Bousquet residence. There were 32 club members present.
- October meeting minutes approved
- No October Treasury Report
- Tournament account at Bank of the Cascades was closed and the $995 in the account will be added to the regular club account and a section added to the treasury report to track it.
INTRODUCTIONS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
COMMITTEE REPORTS: President Horrace asked for committee reports:
- Club members need to remember to support the businesses that have donated to our club: Ted Marshall of Burns Ford and Bargain Boat Parts. For 2015 Burns Ford is donating club plaques again and Bargain Boat Parts is paying for tournament permits.
- Don't forget that Elken Lures offers a 10% discount on orders from current SRB members.
- IDFG and Owyhee County are trying to get grant money to upgrade Black Sands Ramp on C.J. Strike Reservoir. SRB will send them a letter of support for the project.
CONSERVATION / WILDLIFE COUNCIL:
- SRB needs a conservation director if anyone wants to volunteer.
- The bass fizzing kits are available to those that need one.
IDAHO BASS FEDERATION: Bill Kriner reported
- The 2015 Divisional will be in Montana, probably Noxon or Yellowtail.
- All TIBF Qualifiers should be complete, Davanh to send the North results and State Team info to Steve to publish on the website.
- With TBF putting more emphasis on High School fishing, we are looking for ways to increase HS fishing participation here in Idaho.
- 2015 TIBF banquet planning started, looking at holding at the same location as 2014. We still haven't heard back from Moon's, we are looking at other caterers.
- The 2015 Tournament Date Setting meeting is Thursday Nov. 13 at Cabela's in Boise. The November TIBF Federation meeting will be held at 6:00 p.m. at Cabela's before the Date Setting Meeting.
- 2015 Sport Show will be March 5 - 8. SRB will do the kid's casting event Friday evening again, 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
YOUTH: Youth Director Jason Bousquet reported:
- Looking at staying with the same date and location for the Youth Open in 2015. BBB is in on helping out with the tournament, Payette club may be in. If the tournament gets much larger, BWW may not want to provide food for the tournament. We may need to look at other options.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Jay Bagley reported
- Cascade payout and plaques were done.
- Snow Bowl was Nov. 1, SRB placed 4th. IBM is looking at getting out of the Snow Bowl business; it was suggested that we look at possibly taking it over, possibly sharing the tournament with another club like Magic Valley Bass or Payette.
- Possible club tournaments for 2015: 2-day tournament at Cascade, Lake Lowell, Dworshak, an early tournament on C.J. Strike, no Oxbow / Hells Canyon tournament.
- We need to look at getting our club scale tuned up and re-calibrated, look at getting a remote readout unit and possibly buying a back-up scale.
CLASSIC / HAN: Steve Day reported
- Steve talked to the people at Bank of the Cascades about the $9.50 per month service charge. They cannot provide us with a no-service-charge account, so the account was closed. The money will be added to the regular club account and an additional line will be added to track the open tournament money. The club checkbook will need to be brought to each open tournament for payouts.
- Looking at keeping the Classic on Owyhee Reservoir during June, but trying to avoid Free Fishing Day..
- Steve Day said that if he has to be secretary/treasurer again he prefers to not be Open Tournament Director also. Club will run the tournament by committee.
SNAKE RIVER LADY BASS:
- We are looking at doing two needy families for food and one family with younger kids for gifts this year. Should have a list of families by Thanksgiving.
- We will probably stay with the current location and format for the 2015 Lady Bass Open tournament.
- Elections: additional nominations called for, none made. All current officers retain their positions with the exception of Steve Day being secretary/treasurer. President: Tom Horrace; VP: Bill Kriner; Secretary/Treasurer/Slave: Steve Day; Tournament Director: Jay Bagley; Weighmaster: Jeremy Onthank; Lady Bass: Kira Bousquet; Youth: Jason Bousquet; Open Tournament Director: committee.
- Rumors circulating that we may pick up more members from other clubs for 2015, so we may have more boats at tournaments. To help keep our club and tournaments friendly and managable we may need to look at writing up a list of general procedures that we follow during tournaments and/or possibly a code of conduct.
- A big thanks to the Bousquets for allowing us to hold our Club banquet at their home, Tom Horrace for doing the great BBQ meat again and everyone else that brought potluck items.
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters