November 2015 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by President Horrace at 3:00 P.M. at the First United Presbyterian Churchin Nampa. There were 46 club members present.
- October meeting minutes approved
- Treasury Report presented and approved.
INTRODUCTIONS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
COMMITTEE REPORTS: President Horrace asked for committee reports:
- Club members need to remember to support the businesses that have donated to our club: Ted Marshall of Burns Ford and Bargain Boat Parts. For 2015 Burns Ford is donating club plaques again and Bargain Boat Parts is paying for tournament permits. Elken Lures offers a 10% discount on orders for current SRB members.
CONSERVATION / WILDLIFE COUNCIL:
- Federation structure plant was done on C.J. Strike on October 10. About 76 structures were planted in three locations.
- SRB needs a conservation director if anyone wants to volunteer.
- The bass fizzing kits are available to those that need one.
IDAHO BASS FEDERATION: Bill Kriner reported
- TIBF has 352+ members.
- The 2016 TIBF banquet is goingto stay with current location and caterer. We need to find a guest speaker.
- Owyhee County Sheriff is looking at getting grants to buy a new jet boat and wants letters of support from TIBF.
- Poor bass health at Lake Lowell has been brought up with IDFG; they are looking into the issue.
- IDFG website has information on fishing rules for the 2016/2017 fishing regulation; people are asked to go there to look over the changes and make comments.
YOUTH: Youth Director Jason Bousquet reported:
- Another discussion on getting a SRB Youth Chapter started. We need more info from TBF on startup numbers and procedures. Members need to let us know the ages of any youth that want to fish SRB. The official age range is 11 - 14, so we may end up with kids younger or older than want to fish.
- We are looking at holding half-day youth tournaments on Sunday after club tournaments using the same permits. Another suggestions was to talk to other local clubs about running yout opens so that local kids can get more fishing experience.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Jay Bagley not present, Tom reported
- SRB Snow Bowl team struggled on a windt day on C.J. Strike.
- 2015 yearend awards were given out.
CLASSIC: Steve Day reported
- Dates and locations for the Classic, SRB Youth and Lady Bass opens are ready to take to the 2016 date setting meeting..
SNAKE RIVER LADY BASS:
- We received the letter from Love Inc asking for us to sposnor one or more families. We have enough money to help two needy families again this year.
- Tom has SRB sweatshirts for $25 and T-shirts for $15; $5 from each sale goes to Lady Bass.
- All club members need to bring $1 or a can of food to each meeting for the Needy Family program.
- Jay Bagley has a donated rod blank that he wants to use to build a rod to encourage club members to help at the Youth Open tournament and in other club events: Sports Show casting event, Classic, Jack & Jill, Youth Open, Lady Bass Open, etc.
- Officer nominations: President: Tom; Vice-President: Bill; Secretary/Treasurer: Nancy Petross; Weighmastre: Jeremy; Tournament Director: Jay; Youth: Mike Enrico; Lady Bass: Kira; Open Tournament Director: Roger Stringer. All were voted into office.
- 2016 dues need to be paid by January; new membership applications will be available soon. The TBF fishing rod deal is available again in 2016.
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters