November 2016 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by president Tom Horrace at 2:15 P.M. at the the First United Presbyterian Church in Nampa. There were 35 club and family members and guests present.
- October minutes were approved.
- Treasury report presented.
- President Horrace asked for committee reports:
THE IDAHO BASS FEDERATION: Bill Kriner was not present, Steve Day reported:
- 2017 Date Setting Meeting will be Nov. 10 at Canyon Marine in Nampa.
- Looking for new Youth and Conservation Directors in 2017. Ryan Cullen is interested in Conservation postition.
- TIBF is looking at making bass conservation signs to put up at C.J. Strike and other reservoirs. We are looking at three different designs right now.
- Idaho / Montana Semi-final tournament was on Dworshak on Oct. 8 - 9; Curtis McCown and Christ Felty are going to Natinals to represent Idaho.
- A discussion group was formed to decide the 2017 Qualifier date, locations and specifics.
- Reel Kid kits are ordered for casting events at the Sport Show.
- Building is reserved for Feb. 18 banquet.
- Looking for sponsors for ads on weigh trailer.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Tournament director Jay Bagley reported:
- Year end awards were handed out.
- Need 2017 open tournament dates for the Nov. 10 Date Setting Meeting. Go with similar dates and locations as 2016 unless IBM drops their open on Brownlee.
- SRB Snow Bowl Team: Petross & Petross, Bagley & Onthank, Fuller & Correll, Epler & Alexander, and Horrace & Hadley placed 5th.
YOUTH: Youth Director Mike Enrico had no report:
LADY BASS: Kira Bousquet reported:
- Looking at helping three families at Christmas this year. We have $1500 in Lady Bass money and possibly more from the club.
CLASSIC - Jack & Jill: Tom Horrace and Steve Day reported:
- Need dates and locations for 2017 open tournaments. Looking at keeping the dates and locations the same as 2016.
- Motions made and passed: get rid of 2nd Big Fish payout at tournament, add 3rd person to help at weigh-ins, raise dues to an even $75, pay $350 entry for SRB Team at Snow Bowl.
- Ideas also discussed: pay boaters to be release boats to guarantee participation, make a SRB booklet for new members, in place of the white elephant raffles at meetings, we will do first out raffles for club tournaments with funds going to Lady Bass and/or Youth
- Motion made and passed to pay half of the entry fee for SRB's team.
- 2017 officer nominations: President: Tom H., V-P: Bill K., Conservation: Terry B., Tresurer: Nancy P., TD: Jay B., Weighmaster: Jeremy, Youth: Mike E., Lady Bass: Kira B., Secretary: Steve D., Open Director: Roger S.. All nominations voted into office.
- Looking at splitting Secretary/Treasurer into two separate positions; to vote on this at banquet. This is a by-law change; motion was made, discussed and voted in.
There being no more new business, the meeting adjourned at 3:30 p.m. The next meeting will be on Monday December 5 at the IHOP Restaurant in Nampa.
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters