October 2014 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by Vice President Kriner at 7:15 P.M. at the Nampa IHOP Restaurant. There were 19 club members and two guests present.
- Joe and Joey C. are looking at joining a club to fish next year.
- September meeting minutes approved
- No August Treasury Report
INTRODUCTIONS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
COMMITTEE REPORTS: Vice President Kriner asked for committee reports:
- Club members need to remember to support the businesses that have donated to our club: Ted Marshall of Burns Ford and Bargain Boat Parts.
- Don't forget that Elken Lures offers a 10% discount on orders from current SRB members.
- IDFG and Owyhee County are trying to get grant money to upgrade Black Sands Ramp on C.J. Strike Reservoir. SRB will send them a letter of support for the project.
CONSERVATION / WILDLIFE COUNCIL:
- SRB needs a conservation director if anyone wants to volunteer.
- The bass fizzing kits are available to those that need one.
IDAHO BASS FEDERATION:Bill Kriner reported
- Youth Championship on Cascade is cancelled; they are looking at holding two Championships early in 2015 to make up for it.
- A discussion was held about the SRB Youth Open tournament and the possibility of other TIBF clubs getting involved next year.
- The 2015 Divisional will be in Montana, probably Noxon or Yellowtail.
- All TIBF Qualifiers should be complete.
- With TBF putting more emphasis on High School fishing, we are looking for ways to increase HS fishing participation here in Idaho.
- 2015 TIBF banquet planning started, looking at holding at the same location as 2014. We still haven't heard back from Moon's, we are looking at other caterers.
- IDFG and Owyhee County are trying to get grant money to upgrade Black Sands Ramp on C.J. Strike Reservoir. Clubs need to send them a letter of support for the project.
YOUTH:Youth Director Jason Bousquet reported:
- Looking at staying with the same format for the Youth Open in 2015.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Jay Bagley reported
- Cascade and Brownlee/Oxbow payout and plaques were done; Tom on honeymoon, so no checks for Cascade.
- Snow Bowl is Nov. 1 on C.J. Strike. IBM sent out an entry form; the entry fee went from $300 to $500. A discussion was held on going ahead and fishing it or boycotting it. It was decided to fish. A motion was made and passed to have the club pay $300 of the entry; each angler pays $25 for the remaining $200 of the entry and the $5 big fish option. Anglers need to bring the $25 to the ramp on the morning of the tournament. The club will be paid back the $300 out of any winnings. Motion was passed.
CLASSIC / HAN:Steve Day reported
- Steve talked to the people at Bank of the Cascades about the $9.50 per month service charge. They cannot provide us with a no-service-charge account, so the account was closed. The money will be added to the regular club account and an additional line will be added to track the open tournament money. The club checkbook will need to be brought to each open tournament for payouts.
- We need to start looking at dates and locations for the 2015 SRB open tournaments. The date setting meeting will be held Nov. 13 at a TBD location.
SNAKE RIVER LADY BASS:
- We have over $700 in the Lady Bass account. We are looking at doing two needy families this year.
- We will probably stay with the current location and format for the 2015 Lady Bass Open tournament.
OLD BUSINESS: n/a
- Club banquet will be at the November meeting; it will be held on Nov. 2, the day after the Snow Bowl. The banquet will start around 1:00 p.m. We are going with the same location and format as last year. The Bousquet's address is 5085 West View Place in Meridian. I will add a map to the news page on the club website. Tom will do BBQ, club will provide salads, chip and drinks, and members are welcome to bring potluck desserts or other side dishes.
- Nominations for 2015 club officers: President: Tom Horrace; VP: Bill Kriner; Secretary/Treasurer/Slave: Steve Day; Tournament Director: Jay Bagley; Weighmaster: Jeremy Onthank; Lady Bass: Kira Bousquet; Youth: Jason Bousquet; Open Tournament Director: ?. If anyone else wants to run for a position please let us know before we "vote" at the banquet.
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters