October 2015 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by President Horrace at 7:08 P.M. at the IHOP Restaurant in Nampa. There were 14 club members present.
- September meeting minutes approved
- Treasury Report presented and approved; Steve noted that the Brownlee tournament money has not been deposited yet.
INTRODUCTIONS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
COMMITTEE REPORTS: President Horrace asked for committee reports:
- Club members need to remember to support the businesses that have donated to our club: Ted Marshall of Burns Ford and Bargain Boat Parts. For 2015 Burns Ford is donating club plaques again and Bargain Boat Parts is paying for tournament permits. Elken Lures offers a 10% discount on orders for current SRB members.
CONSERVATION / WILDLIFE COUNCIL:
- Federation structure plant on C.J. Strike on October 10. Anyone wanting to help plant the structures needs to be at Black Sands ramp between 10:30 and 11:00 a.m. IDFG is bring a boat or two to take the structures out in.
- SRB needs a conservation director if anyone wants to volunteer.
- The bass fizzing kits are available to those that need one.
IDAHO BASS FEDERATION: Bill Kriner reported
- TIBF has 352+ members.
- Scales of Justice tournament was on C.J. Stike on Sept. 20. About 30 kids participated.
- Possibly looking for a new location for the 2016 TIBF banquet due to rising costs to rent the current building. Current opinion is to stay with current location and caterer.
- Structure plant on C.J. Strike on October 10. Anyone wanting to help plant the structures needs to be at Black Sands ramp between 10:30 and 11:00 a.m. IDFG is bring a boat or two to take the structures out in.
- Owyhee County Sheriff is looking at getting grants to buy a new jet boat and wants letters of support from TIBF.
- Need pictures of HimminBird and Minn Kota banners at TIBF events to send to sponsors.
- Poor bass health at Lake Lowell has been brought up with IDFG; they are looking into the issue.
- IDFG website has information on fishing rules for the 2016/2017 fishing regulation; people are asked to go there to look over the changes and make comments.
YOUTH: Youth Director Jason Bousquet reported:
- Another discussion on getting a SRB Youth Chapter started. We need more info from TBF on startup numbers and procedures. Members need to let us know the ages of any youth that want to fish SRB. The official age range is 11 - 14, so we may end up with kids younger or older than want to fish.
- We also need to decide how to schedule youth tournaments. One suggestion was to hold half-day youth tournaments on Sunday after club tournaments using the same permits. Another suggestions was to talk to other local clubs about running yout opens so that local kids can get more fishing experience.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Jay Bagley not present, Tom reported
- Payout for Brownlee tournament was done, no plaques.
- Top 5 Teams to be Snow Bowl team are selected. Chuck's partner is gone that weekend, so Chuck elected to drop out. Frankie and Irving are the next team in lins to fish.
- A motion was made and passed to spend some club money on yearend awards: $100 to each team going tothe Snow Bowl to defray costs; $200 to Team of the Year; $150 to 2nd place Team of the Year; $75 each to Big Largemouth and Big Smallmouth of the Year. A similar proposal for 2016 will be discussed at the banquet.
CLASSIC: Steve Day reported
- A discussion was held about next year's Classic location; if there is enough water we want to hold it on Owyhee in June again.
SNAKE RIVER LADY BASS:
- A motion was made and passed to move $500 from the General fund to Lady Bass so that we can help an extra family. We have enough money to help two families again this year.
- We received the letter from Love Inc asking for us to sposnor one or more families.
- Tom has SRB sweatshirts for $25 and T-shirts for $15; $5 from each sale goes to Lady Bass.
- All club members need to bring $1 or a can of food to each meeting for the Needy Family program.
- Jay Bagley has a donated rod blank that he wants to use to build a rod to encourage club members to help at the Youth Open tournament and in other club events: Sports Show casting event, Classic, Jack & Jill, Youth Open, Lady Bass Open, etc.
- Snow Bowl: IBM said that they were not running it any more, but now they want back in. Brian Ashton sent an e-mail out soliciting help from other clubs. Entry is supposed to be $350 again ($300 per team and $10 per boat for Big Fish options); we still don't know where the money will go.
- 2015 SRB Banquet will be Sunday November 8, the day after the Snow Bowl. Location is still pending; we may be too big to hold the banquet at the Bousquet's home, so we are looking at holding it at the First United Presbyterian Church on Lake Lowell Avenue in Nampa. Cost is $110 for use of the building for 4 hours. It has a good kitchen setup and plenty of room. Tom will do smoked brisket and pulled pork again, club will by salads and sides, members can bring desserts and/or drinks for potluck items. We will send an e-mail out with the final location and time for the banquet.
- Motion made and passed to use $100 club money to buy additional raffle items for banquet.
- Officer nominations: President: Tom; Vice-President: Bill; Secretary/Treasurer: Nancy Petross; Weighmastre: Jeremy; Tournament Director: Jay; Youth: Mike Enrico; Lady Bass: Kira; Open Tournament Director: Roger Stringer.
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters