October 2016 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by president Tom Horrace at 7:10 P.M. at the IHOP Restaurant in Nampa. There were 12 club and family members and guests present.
- September minutes were approved.
- No Treasury report, Nancy out due to sick kid.
- President Horrace asked for committee reports:
THE IDAHO BASS FEDERATION: Bill Kriner was not present, Steve Day reported:
- Looking for new Youth and Conservation Directors in 2017. Ryan Cullen is interested in Conservation postition.
- TIBF is looking at making bass conservation signs to put up at C.J. Strike and other reservoirs. We are looking at three different designs right now.
- Idaho / Montana Semi-final tournament is on Dworshak on Oct. 8 - 9.
- A discussion group was formed to decide the 2017 Qualifier date, locations and specifics.
- Reel Kid kits are ordered for casting events at the Sport Show.
- Building is reserved for Feb. 18 banquet.
- Looking for sponsors for ads on weigh trailer.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Tournament director Jay Bagley not present:
- Need 2017 open tournament dates for the Nov. 10 Date Setting Meeting.
- SRB team to fish the Idaho / Montana Dworshak Semi-final Qualifier: Josh Petross and Jsaon Fuller.
- SRB Snow Bowl Team: Petross & Petross, Bagley & Onthank, Fuller & Correll, Epler & Alexander, and Horrace & Hadley
YOUTH: Youth Director Mike Enrico had no report:
LADY BASS: Jason Bousquet reported:
- Looking at helping three families at Christmas this year. We have $1500 in Lady Bass money and possibly more from the club.
CLASSIC - Jack & Jill: Tom Horrace and Steve Day report:
- Need dates and locations for 2017 open tournaments.
- 2016 SRB banquet will be held Nov. 6, this is the Sunday after the Snow Bowl. Looking at holding is at the First United Presbyterian Church on Lake Lowell Avenue in Nampa again. The club is providing the meat and drinks, please bring a Side Dish or Dessert. We will be having pulled pork and brisket again this year. The banquet will start at 1:30 p.m.. Motion made and passed for an extra $100 in raffle prizes.
- 2017 officer nominations: President: Tom H., V-P: Bill K., Conservation: Terry B., Tresurer: Nancy P., TD: Jay B., Weighmaster: Jeremy, Youth: Mike E., Lady Bass: Kira B., Secretary: ?, Open Director: ?.
- Looking at splitting Secretary/Treasurer into two separate positions; to vote on this at banquet.
- Motions made and passed: get rid of 2nd Big Fish payout, add 3rd person to help at weigh-ins, raise dues to an even $75, pay $350 entry for SRB Team at Snow Bowl.
- Ideas also discussed: pay boaters to be release boats to guarantee participation, make a SRB booklet for new members, do first out raffles with funds going to Lady Bass and/or Youth
- No raffle tickets, Chris Felty will bring them to the November meeting.
There being no more new business, the meeting adjourned at 8:15 p.m. The next meeting will be on Sunday 11/6/16 at the First United Presbyterian Church on Lake Lowell Avenue in Nampa. The banquet will start at 1:30 p.m.
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters