October 2017 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by president Tom Horrace at 7:09 P.M. at the IHOP restaurant in Nampa. There were 10 club and family members, new members and guests present.
- September minutes were approved.
- Treasury report presented and discussed.
THE IDAHO BASS FEDERATION: Bill Kriner was not present, Steve reported:
- ID/MT Semi-final Championship was Sept. 23/24 on Noxon Reservoir in Montana.
- Some changes coming for TBF Youth events; contact Chris Adams for info.
- 2018 ID/MT Semi-final is in Idaho; we need to determine a date and location. Currently looking at: Milner, C.J. Strike or Sworshak. Ajnother possibility is Columbia River with Oregon and Washington.
- 2018 Date Setting meeting is Nov. 9 at Canyon Marine
- 2018 TIBF Banquet will be Feb. 24 at the Senior Center in Meridian. Same setup as last year.
- 2018 officer nominations are open through Octoboer TIBF meeting. Current officers will stay if voted in.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Tournament director Jay Bagley reported:
- Plaques and payout for for Dworsah tournamentwere given out.
- SRB Snow Bowl team discussed. SRB to run Snow Bowl with Magic Valley again. Date is Nov. 4 ay C.J. Strike.
YOUTH: Youth Director Mike Enrico was not present:
- No report
Lady Bass: LB Director Jason Bousquet not present:
- No report
CLASSIC - Jack & Jill: Tom Horrace reported:
- No report.
CONSERVATION: Terry Brown reported
- IDFG is tracking bass movement for the reast of the year. Some of the tranmitters re dying early, but they still have the spring spawning season data.
- Club is looking at purchasing some more motor bands to replace the worn out bands, an LED readout for the scale, a new weigh table and some more cones.
- Discussed dates / locations for 2018 open tournament, looking at probably staying close to the same as 2017. Will keep an eye on the IBM Open date/location to see what they do.
- SRB club banquet is in November, looking at Nov. 18 at 1:00 p.m. at the Presbyterian Church in Nampa again. Looking at having someone cater the event this year instead of the usual potluck.
- Looking for ways to increase attendance at meetings. Possibly holding meeting on Friday before tournaments at the weigh-in site during tournament season.
- 2018 officer nominations curtrently are: President: none, V-P: Chuck Caba, Secrtary/Treasurer: none, Conservation: Terry Brown, Tournament Director: Jay, Weighmaster: Jeremy, Youth: Mike Enrico, Open Director: Roger Stringer?.
- We need to get our 2018 dues in early to make life easier on officers; try to have your dues in my end of the year. Discussed some possible late penalties.
There being no more new business, the meeting adjourned at 8:07 p.m. The next meeting will be the SRB Banquet on Saturday Nov. 18 at the Presbyterian Church in Nampa.
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters