October 2018 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by president Tom Horrace at 7:05 P.M. at the IHOP Restaurant in Nampa. There were 10 club and family members present.
- Treasury report presented and discussed.
THE IDAHO BASS FEDERATION: Steve reported:
- Tammy has some structures to donate for a TBD future plant they need to be picked up. The Board voted on a budget of $1000.00 for conservation
- Registration is available for 2018 semifinal qualifiers Oct 6-7, still waiting for some clubs to submit list of the anglers they are sending.
- Dry Creek Outfitters Donation - TBF Board voted to donate $500 to the Dry Creek Open. Thanks for everthing Brad!
- Annual Banquet - planning underway. Need suggestions for locations.
- Annual Idaho TBF Elections-Tammy will be stepping down as Idaho TBF President. Nominees are now beingsought for the 2019 Board Elections for President, Vice-President and Secretary-Treasurer. Clubs should submit officer nominations by October 18, 2018, at monthly TBF meeting.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Tournament director Jay Bagley not present, Tom reported:
- Payouts and pkace for Cascade tournament, there were `7 boats at the tournament
- SRB club fun tournament Oct. 27 on C.J. Strike. Members must have fished at least 4 of the 6 club tournaments to sign up for the fun tournament. No entry fee, but there will be option pots available.
- Snow Bowl team is set, permits have been obtained. Entry form is going out to clubs. .
YOUTH: Youth Director Mike Enrico:
- No report
Lady Bass: LB Director:
- We sponsored Christmas for one family and a dinner for another family.
CLASSIC - Jack & Jill: Tom Horrace reported:
- No report.
CONSERVATION: Terry Brown reported
1. We are looking to moving to a board of director versus having an officer team. The Board of Directors would make the majority of the decision for the club and drive the direction of the club. Any major items would still be brought the the club for a vote. The Board of Directors will have a conference call once a month to discuss club matters. It you would be willing to serve on the board of directors please let us know. We would then just have quick club meeting the morning of the tournament. Main reason for this is poor turnout at club meeting and at the Friday night meetings.
2. We are looking at obtaining our on club insurance policy next year and being an independent club. We can obtain insurance for the club similar to what we had through the bass federation from American Bass for $500 a year plus $100 for each open tournament. We would then reduce club membership dues from $75 to $40 per family. There are a couple reason for looking at doing this. First is obviously cost for the members. We had 67 paid member at $75 a member. This comes out to $5025, which the club only saw $1139. We have a very small percentage of members actually doing anything with the federation beyond fishing the club. Second is having to use the online rostering system with the Federation. It is time consuming entering everyone into the system and then generating an invoice and finally having to mail in a check every month to the federation. The one difference is that everyone will need to have $300,000 liability insurance on their boat.
3. We are looking to taking online sign-up for tournaments and taking Paypal. We are going to have a cut-off to sign up of Thursday at 8:00PM. This will give us time to setup our weigh in sheet and calculate payout so we can do payouts at the end of the tournament. We are looking to see if payments could be dropped off at JH Marine also.
4. We are having a fun tournament on Oct 27th. There is not entry. Club is putting up the prize money of $500 for first, $300 for second, and $200 for third and $200 Big Fish. You have to of fished four out our 6 tournaments to be eligible for this added money. We are going to pilot the online tournament sign up so be on the lookout for that email. We will also have a $10 BF option, and $10 and $20 total weigh option pot.
There being no more new business, the meeting adjourned at 7:55 p.m. The next meeting will be the club banquet on Nov. ? at ?. .
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters