September 2014 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by President Horrace at 7:15 P.M. at the Nampa IHOP Restaurant. There were 21 club members present.
- August meeting minutes approved
- No August Treasury Report
INTRODUCTIONS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
COMMITTEE REPORTS: President Horrace asked for committee reports:
- Club members need to remember to support the businesses that have donated to our club: Ted Marshall of Burns Ford and Bargain Boat Parts.
- Don't forget that Elken Lures offers a 10% discount on orders from current SRB members.
CONSERVATION / WILDLIFE COUNCIL:
- SRB needs a conservation director if anyone wants to volunteer.
- The bass fizzing kits are available to those that need one.
IDAHO BASS FEDERATION:Bill Kriner reported
- Youth Championship on Cascade is cancelled; they are looking at holding two Championships early in 2015 to make up for it.
- A discussion was held about the SRB Youth Open tournament and the possibility of other TIBF clubs getting involved next year.
- The 2015 Divisional will be in Montana, probably Noxon or Yellowtail.
- South Divisional is looking at moving the last two Qualifiers from Walcott/Milner to C.J. Strike. One day on Bruneau arm and one day on Snake arm.
- 2015 TIBF banquet planning started, looking at holding at the same location as 2014.
YOUTH:Youth Director Jason Bousquet reported:
- David Ashton talked to TIBF officers about how great the SRB/Payette/BBB Youth tournament went. They asked lots of questions and seem to want in on the tournament in 2015.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Jay Bagley not present
- Brownlee/Oxbow results and payout were done
- Jay not present, so Tom wrote down names for the Cascade sign-up. People will need to pay Jay at the ramp; draw will be done at the ramp.
CLASSIC / HAN:Steve Day reported
- Steve talked to the people at Bank of the Cascades about the $9.50 per month service charge. They are going to give us a different type of account with no service charge if we keep over $750 in the account.
- A motion was made, seconded and discussed on removing non-current members from the bank signing card for the Bank of the Cascades tournament account. This will leave Steve Day as the only signature on the account at this time. Another signature can be added for next year's tournament season. Motion passed.
SNAKE RIVER LADY BASS:
- A certificate of appreciation was given to Buffalo Wild Wings for the food they donated to the Youth and Lady Bass tournaments.
- We have over $700 in the Lady Bass account. We may add some money from the General account so that we can do two needy families this year.
OLD BUSINESS: n/a
- Club banquet will be at the November meeting. We need to finalize plans for location and menu at the next meeting. We are looking at something similar to what we did last year.
- Nominations for 2015 club officers will occur at the October meeting. If you want to run for an officer position, let Tom know.
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters