September 2016 Meeting Minutes
The regular membership of the Snake River Bassmasters, Inc., was called to order by president Tom Horrace at 7:10 P.M. at the IHOP Restaurant in Nampa. There were 13 club and family members and guests present.
- August minutes were approved.
- Treasury report presented and approved.
- President Horrace asked for committee reports:
THE IDAHO BASS FEDERATION: Bill Kriner was not present, Steve Day reported:
- Brian Ashton is talking to Ben Warren about taking over the Youth Director position in 2017.
- TIBF Youth Championship was held on Lowell on August 14.
- TIBF is looking at making bass conservation signs to put up at C.J. Strike and other reservoirs.
- All Qualifiers should be done by Sept. 11.
- Idaho / Montana Semi-final tournament is on Dworshak on Oct. 8 - 9.
- Some discussion on moving the TIBF banquet date.
- A discussion group was formed to decide the 2017 Qualifier date, locations and specifics.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Tournament director Jay Bagley reported:
- Payout and plaques were handed out for the August 6 tournament on C.J. Strike and Sept. 10 at Dworshak.
- Need 2017 open tournament dates for the Nov. 10 Date Setting Meeting.
- Club needs to look at new bodies of water to fish to reduce chances of scheduling conflicts.
- SRB team to fish the Idaho / Montana Dworshak Semi-final Qualifier: Josh Petross and Jsaon Fuller.
- SRB Snow Bowl Team: Petross & Petross, Bagley & Onthank, Fuller & Correll, Epler & Alexander, and Horrace & Hadley
YOUTH: Youth Director Mike Enrico not present, no report:
CLASSIC - Jack & Jill: Tom Horrace and Steve Day, no report:
- Discussed several things to spend some of the Classic money on: new weigh table, LED readout for the club scale, tournament weigh board for displaying weights.
- 2016 SRB banquet will be held Nov. 6, this is the Sunday after the Snow Bowl. Looking at holding is at the First United Presbyterian Church on Lake Lowell Avenue in Nampa again. Probably do the same food as last year.
- 2017 officer nominations will be held at the October meeting; if you want to be an officer, let Tom know.
- Looking at splitting Secretary/Treasurer into two separate positions; electing positions as tournament helpers and photographer.
- A suggestions was made to let the Tournament Director / Weignmaster blast off first in each tournament due to them coming in early to set up the weigh-ins.
- No raffle item, Chris Felty will bring them to the OCtober meeting.
There being no more new business, the meeting adjourned at 8:25 p.m. The next meeting will be on Monday 10/3/16 at the IHOP Restaurant in Nampa.
Comments/Questions or news for the website? Send E-Mail to Snake River Bassmasters